Packing for a Beach Vacation
Getting ready for a weekend getaway at the beach and wondering what to pack? First things, first, pack a bathing suit! In Miami Beach, packing can be a bit more extensive because this beachside town is daytime casual, nighttime fancy.
Whether packing for yourself or the whole family, we know that packing is a process. To make it as easy as possible, we’ve put together a list of all the things you need. Less time packing, more time planning!
Read on to see our list of packing essentials for a beach weekend so you can get out the door and on your way!
For the Beach Bag
- Beach Bag
- Sunscreen of SPF 50 or higher
Pro Tip: Make sure your SPF is waterproof if you like to spend time in the water. And that SPF 50? The Miami sun is strong!
- Hat to protect your head
- Reading material: book and/or a couple magazines
- With kids? Bring sand toys!
- Pro Tip: The hotel provides beach towels and beach chairs that you can take with you to the beach!
For Day to Night
- 2 Bathing Suits
Pro Tip: Make sure to bring a second suit to ensure that you’ll always have a dry swimsuit.
- Beach Cover-Up (or none, it’s Miami!)
- Flip Flops for the Beach
- Casual Outfits for Day
Tips: Summer wear is generally accepted during the day.
- Fancy Outfit for Night
Tips: Dress your best if you have plans at upscale restaurants and lounges in the evening.
- Light Jacket for those chilly ocean breezes or constant air conditioning
- Sleep Kit (eye mask, ear plugs, travel alarm clock, etc.)
- Extra hair ties and barrettes
- Needed eye care (drops, saline solution, etc.)
- Shampoo / Conditioner Optional
**The Leslie Hotel provides shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion in each room.
- Phone and charger
- Camera and charger
- Electronic entertainment and related charger
In the case you forget anything our Concierge can always assist you getting anything you need. Happy packing!
Book Your Stay
Ready for some fun in the sun? Leslie Hotel is an intimate 35-room boutique hotel in the heart of Miami Beach just steps to the beach. Relax at our boutique beach hotel and enjoy the sun on our rooftop terrace, which features a pool, jacuzzi, and cabanas with all-day service.
If you’re thinking of booking a beach vacation, there is no better place than Leslie Hotel. Book your stay with us and save on rates!